Cable MSO Solution Overview
Powerful HTML5 Hybrid IP Platform
Today’s consumers have come to expect a sophisticated video user experience based on their daily interaction with tablets, smart phones, and their favorite websites. They also expect a blended video user experience with social media integration, quick access to their favourite content, and rich personalization. Unfortunately, pay-TV operators face major challenges to deliver an immersive, engaging TV experience that matches consumer expectations.
Some of the challenges they face include:
- The inability to rapidly innovate and introduce new applications and services
- High STB porting and introduction costs
- Inconsistent experience across devices
Leading operators are now looking at a multipronged strategy to address these issues and power the development of a compelling user experience including:
- Cloud UI delivery
- New advertising models
- Rapid application innovation
- Interactive content
- Integrated web and social applications
- The newest user experience standards such as HTML5 and RDK
Multiscreen TV is an essential component of MSOs next-generation services strategy. To deliver a superior customer experience, they require a carrier-grade solution that offers an excellent service delivery capability, unequalled business model flexibility and a powerful service innovation framework. These are essential to build and differentiate their brand in a hyper-competitive market.
Espial Cable MSO Solution Overview
Espial provides intelligent backoffice service delivery platforms, advanced STB client software and high performance video-on-demand platforms are essential to power these rollouts. To meet the expectations of their customers, Espial solutions provide carrier-grade service delivery capability, unequalled business model flexibility and a powerful service innovation framework. These are essential to build and differentiate their brand in the hyper-competitive, on-demand TV services market.
By leveraging Espial’s advanced solution – based on HTML5, advanced SOCs, web standard technologies and powerful headend solutions – pay-TV operators can realize many benefits including:
- Respond more quickly to consumers and competitors with rapid service and application innovation through tight coupling between the STB hardware vendor and quicker integration between TV apps and web apps
- Faster and less expensive introduction of new STB hardware and associated features through lower costs and faster software porting
- High impact user experiences based on industry standard web approaches coupled with the ability to render rich graphics
- Consistent multiscreen user experience by leveraging common web technologies and methodologies across devices
- Service Providers can take advantage of Espial’s leadership, innovation, and proven track record of successful production deployment with confidence in business success